Our Commitment to Health & Safety
The Lowell places the highest priority on health and safety of our guests, patrons, staff members and suppliers. To achieve this, The Lowell is complying with Leading Hotels of the World's Stay Safe Assurance by completing two very important initiatives:
1. Certification by GBAC STAR
GBAC is a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association that serves as the gold standard for facilities to implement cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention protocols. GBAC STAR is a performance-based accreditation program and is the cleaning industries only outbreak preparation, response and recovery accreditation. GBAC STAR provides third-party validation that facilities meet a higher level of cleanliness and safety. Click here to learn more.
2. The Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) Hygiene Standards
In partnership with LQA and 20 other luxury hotel brands, new Hygiene standards will be published in June and will be incorporated as part of the annual LQA assessment that each LHW member hotel must undertake as part of their membership. Examples of Hygiene standards include:
- Did the hotel have a documented process in place to check employee temperatures?
- Was hand sanitizer available at employee entrance, changing rooms, employee restrooms and employee cafeteria?
- Was public area furniture rearranged in a way to ensure social distancing?
- Were social distancing practices in place for queue, seating and communication n management (i.e. minimum of one-meter distance between guests kept at all times)?
In addition to these initiatives, the following measures are currently in place:
1. Increase in cleaning frequency: regular services have been escalated to now include a heightened and frequent routine of disinfecting door handles, surfaces, handrails and bathrooms surfaces
2. Through cleaning and disinfecting of the elevators and all common areas including the Front Desk and Food and Beverage outlets.
3. Ample Ordering of disinfectants and cleaning supplies to make all products available
4. Access to disinfectants: Hands sanitizers on “hands-free” stands are positioned for guests, patrons, visitors and staff throughout the facilities including in guest elevators.
5. Room Keys: All guestroom keys are cleaned with disinfectants twice daily.
6. Prevention: The hotel has, as a matter of prevention, increased its’ capacity of face masks and hazmat suits
7. Additional Training of Staff: All hotel employees have been trained to minimize physical contact (i.e. handshakes, hugs, etc) and to respect physical distancing guidelines.
8. Reminder signs have been posted throughout the Back of the House to maintain heightened awareness and remind everyone to wash their hands at least 20 seconds with hand sanitizer.